The Dee at Culter
A view of Culter from the South Deeside Road. Photo date about 1950.
The Dee Valley from "Parkies Brae"
Looking North towards Culter and Milltimber from Parkhead.
The Culter Co-opie
The Northern Co-operative at Culter. About 1970
Rocklands Stores at the bottom of Malcolm Road, Culter. (1970)
Rob Roy Bridge
Edwardian Culter at the Rob Roy Bridge. About 1910.
Oriel Terrace, Culter - 1920s
Rob Roy Statue, Culter
The Second statue of Rob Roy McGregor. This version stood above the Culter Burn until 1926.
The Culter Paper Mills Company
The sign from the Culter Mills Paper Company. The Mill was begun in 1751 and closed in 1981.
"Boattie Maggie" who rowed the ferry across the Dee.
Culter Home Guard
The Home Guard team who patrolled the Culter area during World War 2.
Culter Mills Share Certificate
A share certificate issued for the Culter Mills Paper Company Limited.
Linn Moor Home
Linn Moor Home for Children at the beginning of the 1900s.
The rocky crag on which a statue of Rob Roy McGregor has stood since the 1850s.
Culter Mills Paper-Making Machine
One of the Culter Mills paper machines. 1970s.
The way to "Lovers' Walk" along the River Dee.
The Culter Paper Mills
The Culter Paper Mills around 1897.
Malcolm Road, Culter
The lower end of Malcolm Road, Culter. About 1910.
Culter Railway Totem
One of the railway totem signs from Culter Station before it closed in 1966.
Culter Railway station. 1920s.
Church Terrace, Culter
Church Terrace around 1910.
Paddling on the Dee
A group paddling in the Dee. 1910s.
The Northern Co-op
The Co-op buildings. 1920s.
The Heritage Centre, Culter
Springtime at the Heritage Centre. 2006.
Heritage Hall, Culter
Heritage Hall. 2008.
New Cottages, Culter
Plans for the New Cottages being built for Millworkers. About 1920.
View of the Mill from Ordhill, Culter
Culter Paper Mills viewed from Ordhill. 1930s.
The River Dee
Some sheep grazing by the banks of the River Dee, Culter. 1920.
Culter Paper Mills
A view of the culter Paper Mills. About 1900.
Main Road, Culter
The Main Road through Culter looking west. About 1910.
Burnside Cottages, Culter
Culter from Burnside- looking up towards Church Terrace beyond the Railway line. About 1910.
Visitors to the Centre, at the weekend were asking about the Heritage Centre building. The present "former Church of St. Peter's" was constructed in 1779, after the previous church fell into disrepair. A further wing was added in the late Victorian period - and an alcove was also added to house the organ. However, it gave the opportunity to add a little theatre to the account by mentioning the two stones which sit at the entrance of the Heritage Centre.